You’re probably heard that pure kratom powder has a variety of potential benefits, such as increased energy and improved mood. But did you know that kratom can also potentially help you focus? It may sound counterintuitive, but kratom users have reported that taking the substance has improved their focusing ability. Between work, school, and family responsibilities, a new energy source that can also help you focus sounds almost too good to be true. Here is what you need to know about kratom and which strain to take to help you focus.
What Is Kratom?
Kratom powder comes from the kratom plant, which is also known as Mitragyna speciosa, which is an evergreen tree that is native to South Asia. Kratom is indigenous to the area and has traditionally been used for medicinal purposes. However, kratom also has other potential uses, including its ability to provide a feeling of wellness, promotion of energy, and, yes, focus support.
How Is Kratom Grown?
Kratom is indigenous to several countries, including Thailand and Papua New Guinea, where it grows naturally. While kratom farms do exist, some people in the region can grow kratom in their very own backyard. Traditionally, the practice of kratom growing and powder creation has been carried out by experienced growers who have generations of farming experience. The kratom is carefully harvested in a safe and sustainable way for the plant and then dried in a variety of ways to increase or decrease potency.
Types of Kratom
There are several different ways to categorize kratom, including by the vein color. The veins come in three potential colors, red, green, and white, with each strain having its own strengths, though there is some overlap. For instance, red kratom is known for promoting ease, while green kratom is linked to increased energy. Meanwhile, white kratom is known for eliciting energy and making you feel social.
The Best Kratom Strains for Focus
Several kratom strains are great for energy and focus. Here are some of the best:
- White Maeng Da Kratom: This strain is potent, long-lasting, and known for potentially giving users clarity and focus. The strain helps you stay focused and energized without the ‘crash’ that you might feel with stimulants like caffeine.
- Green Vein Borneo: Green kratom is often used for stress relief but can also be used for energy. Compared to white kratom, green kratom gives you a milder serving size of energy and focus while also promoting calm. Ultimately, green kratom gives you a steady, balanced boost of energy and focus. The Green Vein Borneo Kratom specifically is sourced for high potency.
- Green Horn Powder: This is another variety of green vein kratom that is slightly more potent than the green Borneo. Green Horn Powder has been reported to increase focus, stimulate the mind and improve mental clarity.
- Super Green Indo Kratom: This strain of kratom is excellent for people who need a boost of energy and focus because it has a very strong balance of energy. This strain is known to deliver calm focus and energy steadily throughout the day.
Where to Get the Best Kratom for Focus
While many places sell kratom online, you do want to do a bit of research and buy your kratom from a trusted source like PurKratom. Some things to consider include:
- How is the kratom sourced?
- Where is the kratom sourced?
- Does the manufacturer engage in safety testing?
Is Kratom Safe?
While kratom has been used for medicinal purposes for many years, modern science does not have a lot of information, or evidence, about kratom. From what is known, side effects are often associated with taking more than the recommended serving size. If you consider taking kratom, we recommend that you speak to your doctor first, especially if you are taking medications for another condition.
How Much Kratom Should You Use?
Because kratom varies in potency, type, and formulation, the general serving size can be challenging to predict. While there are several potential serving suggestions, we recommend checking in with your manufacturer for more precise serving recommendations.
A small serving of kratom is around 2-3 g. However, we recommend that beginners start with 1 g just to see how you will react. Remember, not everybody responds in the same way, and people need different potencies depending on body type, metabolism, and even prior experience with kratom.
If you are looking to increase your kratom serving size, we recommend going up to no more than 5 grams. Remember, you should never take the maximum serving size if you are new to kratom powder, as this can increase the risk of adverse side effects.
How to Take Kratom?
The safest way to take kratom is to follow the serving guidelines set out by the manufacturer. Kratom can be taken in several forms, including:
- Kratom Powder: This is among the most popular forms of kratom and can be taken mixed into a drink or smoothie. If you enjoy the bitter, earthy taste of kratom, you can also take the powder with water. You can also mix the powder into certain foods.
- Kratom Capsules: Kratom capsules give you the benefits of kratom without the hassle of having to add it to a drink or food.
- Kratom Tea: If you buy dried kratom leaves, you can definitely make them into tea. While kratom tea seems convenient, it can be hard to control the kratom serving size when using kratom tea.
- Kratom comes from an evergreen plant that is native to several countries in South Asia.
- There are several strains of kratom. The green and white strains tend to be great for focus and energy.
- If you are taking medications, we recommend that you consult with your doctor before taking kratom.
- Always make sure that you purchase your kratom from a trusted source.